Maryland Department of Commerce invites Maryland environmental tech and water tech companies to participate in a business trip to the Netherlands, including Water Tech Europe trade show and other site visits, during the week of September 19 – 24, 2022.
The trip includes:
1. Participation in the Water Tech Europe trade fair and the accompanying Wetsus Congress at European Water Technology Week (EWTW) which brings together sessions and field visits focused on topics like sustainable water supply, wastewater treatment and reuse, circular economy, energy production from water, climate resilience, and new water sources. This is the place for professionals working on solutions for tomorrow’s water issues. Maryland Department of Commerce will have a pavilion at Water Tech Europe for environmental tech businesses from Maryland. Attendees include universities, research institutes, innovative companies and corporate end-users, government representatives, and water clusters from Europe, US, and around the world. European Water Technology Week takes place in Leeuwarden in northeast region of the Netherlands.
2. Site visits and networking — Maryland is planning networking opportunities and field visits to sites in The Hague / Rotterdam in the western region of the Netherlands for the delegation to learn about innovative technologies and meet potential business partners. The program will be tailored to the focus sectors of the participating companies.
- Help Maryland firms explore business opportunities abroad
- Find international business partners to bring innovative technologies to Maryland
- Network with US and European firms, innovation hubs, and research institutes
- Raise the international profile of Maryland companies
The program and topics will be tailored to the focus areas of the participating companies, but it can include topics like:
- Drinking water and wastewater management
- Urban water management and climate resilience
- Maritime and port technologies
- Water in agriculture
- Renewable energy
- Nature-based solutions for climate adaptation
- Circular economy; water conservation and re-use technologies
- Pollution; plastic soup
Potential site visits include:
- Business networking event in Rotterdam/The Hague region
- The Green Village at Delft Technical University
- Port of Rotterdam
- Port XL maritime tech accelerator
- Envirotech testing facilities
- Stormwater water infrastructure; storm surge barriers
- In addition, the EWTW Wetsus Congress includes field trips related to resource recovery from wastewater, energy production from water, circular water systems, and horticulture. Tours start from WaterCampus in Leeuwarden.
Who can participate
- Eligibility: Participation is open to Maryland firms — firms that have their business operations in Maryland.
- Financial assistance: Maryland businesses can apply for the Export MD grant to help cover their travel costs (up to $5,000 reimbursement). Deadline to apply for the grant: August 1, 2022.
Take your firm to new international opportunities!
For more information or to participate in this trip:
Contact Andrew Kreinik, Regional Manager for Europe and Australia at Maryland Department of Commerce at email@example.com (or contact Baltimore-Rotterdam Sister City Committee for information).
Space is limited, so contact us soon!