1st Year Anniversary of Russia’s Invasion of and War Against Ukraine
сла́ва Украї́ні! “Glory to Ukraine!” / Heróyam sláva! “Glory to the Heroes!”
Feb 24, 2023 – Day 365 (1 Year) Anniversary of Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- 12 Hour Prayer Marathon — 12pm Kyiv Ukraine / 5am Eastern Time / 4am Central / 2am Pacific Time presented on zhyve.tv
- 9am — St Michael Ukrainian Catholic Church in Baltimore — Liturgy Service Livestream on Facebook
- 6pm — St Michael Ukrainian Catholic Church in Baltimore — Candle Vigil Prayer Service
- Baltimore’s sports stadiums will be lit in blue & yellow colors to Stand with Ukraine
Feb 25, 2023 – STAND WITH UKRAINE RALLY in Washington DC
- In the morning — Free bus transportation to the DC rally from St Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic Church 2401 Eastern Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224 — Advance reservations required. Visit the church’s website for more information and to reserve a spot on the bus. (A $10 donation is requested from each passenger as a tip for the volunteer bus driver.)
- 2pm — Rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Address: 2 Lincoln Memorial Circle NW, Washington DC 20002. Everyone is encouraged to bring Ukrainian flags & posters!
- Followed by a March to the Russian Embassy.
- 5pm — Bus returns to Baltimore.
Odesa, Ukraine is a Sister City of Baltimore since 1974. Visit the Baltimore-Odesa Sister City Committee website at www.baltimoreodesa.org. And we urge you to support Odesa and Ukraine in its time of need — Donate to the committee’s fundraising drive for humanitarian relief here. And mark your calendars: The 47th Annual Ukrainian Festival of Baltimore takes place Sep 9 & 10, 2023.
Images for you to share on social media or print to take to the rally: